How to Check PNR Status? When travelling by train in India, it is important to know your PNR enquiry. PNR is short for Passenger Name Record, and it is the unique number that is assigned to every passenger travelling by train in India. Knowing your PNR status will allow you to keep track of your reservation and make any changes if necessary.
There are a few different ways to check your PNR status. The easiest way is to use the Indian Railways website. To do this, go to the website and enter your PNR number in the box at the top of the page. You can also check your PNR status by calling the Indian Railways enquiry line. The number is 139.
To check your PNR status this way, you will need to have your PNR number ready. Another way to check your PNR status is to use the Indian Railways app. The app is available for Android and iOS devices. To use the app, you will need to enter your PNR number and your mobile number. The app will then send you a message with your PNR status. If you have lost your PNR number, you can still check your PNR status
The Basics of Checking PNR Status
When it comes to travelling by train in India, one of the most important things to know is your PNR enquiry. PNR stands for Passenger Name Record and is a unique 10-digit number that is assigned to every ticket booked through the Indian Railways. This number is generated at the time of booking and is printed on the ticket. It is also stored in the IRCTC server. The PNR number is used to store all the essential information related to a passenger’s journey like name, age, gender, berth preference, contact details, etc. This information is used by the railway authorities to manage passenger information and reservations.
The PNR status is used to check the current status of your train reservation. It tells you whether your ticket has been confirmed, waiting list, or is on the RAC (Reservation Against Cancellation) list. It is important to check your PNR status before travelling as it can help you make alternate travel arrangements if your ticket is not confirmed.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to check your PNR status online:
- Go to the gofoodieonline website (www.gofoodieonline.com) and log in to your account.
- Click on the ‘Booked Tickets’ tab and select the ‘Check PNR Status’ option.
- Enter your 10-digit PNR number in the given space and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Your PNR status will be displayed on the screen.
This is the most convenient way to check your PNR enquiry as you can do it from the comfort of your home or office. You can also use the IRCTC mobile app to check your PNR status. The process is similar to the one mentioned above.
How to Check PNR Status
According to irctc train food order, Checking PNR enquiry is very simple and can be done in a matter of minutes. All you need is your PNR number which is given to you at the time of booking your ticket. Here are the steps you need to follow to check your PNR status:
- Visit the official website of the Indian Railways – www.gofoodieonline.com
- On the homepage, you will find a section called ‘PNR Enquiry’.
- Enter your 10-digit PNR number in the box provided and click on the ‘Check PNR Status’ button.
Your PNR Status Will Be Displayed On The Screen.
It is important to note that your PNR enquiry is subject to change. So, if your status is showing as ‘waitlisted’, it means that your ticket is not confirmed yet. However, this does not mean that you will not get a seat on the train. In case of a waitlisted ticket, you will be given a seat if somebody cancels their ticket. Therefore, it is advisable to keep checking your PNR status regularly so that you are not caught off guard on the day of your journey.
Why Check PNR Status
There are a number of reasons why you might want to check your PNR enquiry. Here are three of the most important ones:
To Know Whether You Have A Confirmed Ticket or Not
This is the most obvious reason to check your PNR enquiry. If you have a confirmed ticket, then you can start planning your journey. However, if your ticket is not confirmed, then you might have to make alternate travel arrangements.
To Know If Your Seat Has Been Changed
Sometimes, due to operational reasons, your seat might be changed. This usually happens when your original seat is not available. Checking your PNR status will let you know if this has happened, and you can then choose to accept the new seat or make alternate travel arrangements.
To Know If Your Train Is On Time
This is particularly important if you are planning to catch a connecting train. If your first train is delayed, then you might miss your connecting train. Checking the PNR status will let you know if there have been any delays, and you can then plan your journey accordingly.
What To Do If Your PNR Status Is Waitlisted?
If your PNR status is waitlisted, it means that your ticket has not been confirmed yet. This can happen if there are not enough seats available on the train.
There are a few things you can do if your PNR status is waitlisted:
- Check the PNR status regularly: The PNR enquiry can change at any time and you may get lucky if someone cancels their ticket and you get moved up to a confirmed seat.
- Try to get your ticket confirmed: You can try to get your ticket confirmed by contacting the railway authorities or by booking a ticket on a different train.
- Travel on a different train: If you cannot get your ticket confirmed, you can try to travel on a different train. This may not be possible if you have already made plans around the train you were originally going to take.
- Cancel your ticket: If you cannot get your ticket confirmed and you cannot travel on a different train, you can cancel your ticket and get a refund.
How to Check PNR Status for International Train Tickets?
If you’re planning to travel by train internationally, it’s important to know how to check the PNR enquiry of your tickets. PNR, or Passenger Name Record, is a unique 10-digit code that’s assigned to each ticket. This code can be used to track the status of your booking, as well as any changes that are made to it.
There are a few different ways that you can check the PNR enquiry of your international train ticket. Here are 5 of the most popular methods:
Check PNR Status Online
One of the easiest ways to check your PNR enquiry is to do it online. There are a few different websites that offer this service, but the most popular is probably IRCTC PNR enquiry. To use this website, simply enter your 10-digit PNR code into the search box and hit the “Check PNR Status” button.
Check PNR Status via SMS
If you’re not near a computer or don’t have internet access, you can also check your PNR enquiry via SMS. To do this, simply send a text message to 139 with the following text:
“PNR <10-digit PNR code>”
For example, if your PNR code is 1234567890, you would send the following message:
You should receive a response back within a few minutes with your current PNR enquiry.
Check PNR Status at the Train Station
If you’re already at the train station, you can also check your PNR enquiry there. To do this, simply find the enquiry counter and give them your 10-digit PNR code. They should be able to tell you your current booking status.
Check PNR Status on the Train
If you’re already on the train, you can also check your PNR enquiry using the train’s onboard system. To do this, simply find the PNR enquiry screen and enter your 10-digit code. Your current booking status should be displayed on the
Tips for Checking PNR Status
It is very easy to check PNR enquiry these days. With the advent of technology, there are many ways to check PNR enquiry.
Here are 6 tips that will help you check your PNR enquiry easily:
- The easiest way to check PNR enquiry is by using the internet. There are many websites that provide this service. All you need to do is enter your PNR number and click on the ‘check’ button. Your PNR enquiry will be displayed on the screen.
- You can also check PNR enquiry through SMS. To do this, you need to send an SMS to the number given by the service provider. The SMS should contain your PNR number. You will receive an SMS with your PNR enquiry.
- You can also call the customer care number of the service provider and check your PNR enquiry.
- Another way to check PNR enquiry is through the mobile app of the service provider. If you have the mobile app of the service provider, you can check your PNR enquiry by logging into the app.
- You can also check PNR enquiry at the railway station. There are special machines at the railway station that provide PNR enquiry.
- You can also check enquiry through the newspaper. Some newspapers print the PNR enquiry of the trains every day.